Week Three (6/21-6/24)

 

  • Week three began my real involvement within the Covenant House and the common duties that I’ve assumed as an intern. The main things that I’ve been functioning as are Jodie, Renee, Angie, and Cassie’s assistants. In this roles, I’ve able to assist the functioning of the food pantry, contribute to the marketing of Covenant House, assist with the placement of clients in rapid, homeless-prevention housing, and assist clients who are HIV positive  with rapid, homeless-prevention housing. Mainly in my third week I became pretty well acquainted with our marketing strategies. Angie, in addition to marketing, is also our HR director- so she’s rather quite swamped with a variety of tasks. Covenant House, since their volunteer base and donor base is apart of the older generations, uses Facebook as their method of marketing and connection to their community. At this point, I’ve made upwards of ten Facebook posts that are active on their Facebook page for Pride, Juneteenth, Father’s Day, First Day of Summer, West Virginia Day, broadcasting for food pantry donations, and other outreach strategies. 







  • The health equity office is the office that host the program that houses HIV positive persons. The health equity office also holds a program known as Dr. Rainbow which pioneers inclusive health care for queer individuals. This is my favorite program within Covenant House and a group of individuals I’m trying to work with very closely during my time here. I dipped my toes in the water of working with the health equity office mainly by assisting Cassie in reorganizing their outreach program storage closet. Cassie does a lot of outreach programs targeting individuals living strictly on the streets, so they pack up hygiene kits, information on queer healthcare, and the experience of being HIV positive in addition to a variety of other services.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Five (7/5/22-7/8/22)

Week Six (7/11)-(7/15)

Week Seven (7/18/22-7/22/22)